Subway meatball marinara is undoubtedly one of your alternatives to think about for delectable sandwiches and salads. Subway is well-known for its renowned Subway meatball marinara sub, making it a sought-after destination for lunch.
The Meatball Marina sandwich from Subway is filled with cheese, creamy tomato sauce, and, of course, meatballs.
Whichever you desire, you can either add any salad of your choosing or just eat the dish as is.
What is in the Subway Meatball Marinara Recipe?
A key component of the Subway menu and a favorite across the country is the meatball sub.
It takes 45 minutes to make it up at home and comprises your choice of bread, Italian meatballs, and mouthwatering tomato sauce.
Subway Meatball Recipe
Making your own meatballs from scratch will ensure that they are healthy and contain your preferred ingredients. The cooking procedure will go more smoothly if you use an air fryer.
Apparently, Subway first stopped selling its standard roast beef because it was the most costly protein option.
The assumption in this situation is that whatever meat is mashed up for Subway’s meatballs is of a lesser grade than the high-quality meat that was removed because of cost-cutting initiatives.
The key ingredient includes:
- 250 grams of beef and pork mince
- 40 grams of fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped onion
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of dried Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- What is the Subway Club Sub of the Day?
- What is in Subway Chicken Teriyaki Sandwich?
- What are Subway Deals Current Special Offers?
- Are Subway Catering Services any Good?
You can make use of any marinara sauce, or you can use homemade tomato sauce for a more flavorful and nutritious approach. The key ingredient includes the following.
- 500ml tomato passata
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed Italian herbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caster sugar
What is Subway Meatball Marinara Made of?
The recipe’s recommended combination is really very typical for a meatball. It includes bread crumbs, ground beef, ground pig, and spices to add some heat.
The marinara sauce is similarly straightforward, with onion, spice, and tomato puree, as well as a half teaspoon of sugar to give it some sweetness.
How to Make Subway Meatball Marinara Sub
1. Turn the oven’s temperature up to 200 degrees. With the knife at a 45-degree angle to the ground, cut the bread parallel to the length of the sub. The fillings will remain in place.
2. Spread a little additional marinara sauce on top of the eight meatballs and arrange them down the bottom half of the bread.
3. Top the meatballs with some grated parmesan and then mozzarella cheese.
4. Last, top the meatballs with four overlapping pieces of cheese. The sub should be placed on a baking sheet and heated completely, with the cheese bubbling and melting, and the bread gently toasted.
5. Take the sub out of the oven and serve right away.
Many people praise this specific sandwich as being tasty, but it might not be the ideal choice for those watching their calories.
A foot-long Subway Meatball Marinara sandwich has 840 calories and only one topping.